Annual Open House
Thank You for coming to our 5th annual open house
We had our annual Memorial Day Service at 10:15 AM on Monday May 27 at the Memorial
Monument at the fire station. There was a Memorial Day parade at 11:00 AM from Elm St.
to the Veteran's Park on Main St.
Amanda's Law Requires Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Homes
As a state law that requires the installation of carbon monoxide alarms in homes goes into effect today, a new survey released by a North Carolina-based company shows many New York homes are not protected from the deadly gas.
Conducted in October 2009, the survey found more than half of respondents either did not have a carbon monoxide alarm or did not have enough alarms for the size of their home, according to a news release from Kidde, a company that sells alarms.
The odorless, tasteless and poisonous gas annually kills 400 people, the company reported.
The law is named for 16-year-old Amanda Hansen of West Seneca, who died January 2009, due to a carbon monoxide leak from a defective boiler.
Before the law, carbon monoxide detectors were required in homes built after July 30, 2002.
Installation Banquet Pictures